Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Let there be light!

Working in design gives me constant exposure to some extremely talented people. They may be photographers and stylists, art directors and producers, or even the makers of beautiful objects. I consider myself fortunate that I get to view the results of magazine and studio shoots up close and personal. It actually gives you a very different perspective on the 'smoke and mirrors' nature of images in contemporary media. One of my closest friends has recently returned from living in London. Apart from being a gifted and well-respected stylist she and I share a love of vintage Australian-designed furniture and Tim Tams! I was elated to see her story on lighting surface in November's House & Garden. 




This story was beautifully shot by Dieu Tan (images: www.dieutan.com). It's a welcome change to see some 'soul' creeping into editorial stories. Sure they are filled with objects from suppliers but it's a rare moment when you get the convergence of product integrity, brilliant styling and sensitive photography. More please!

No comments:

Post a Comment