Sunday, September 25, 2011

Texture in Nature


I'm very fortunate to have a great photographer as my partner. While my shots are fine for general snapshots David has a great eye for composition and framing. He's also aware of my tendency to look for patterns or motifs in the everyday. These shots were taken in and around Townsville and tropical surrounds. The top image reminds me of the pattern made by blood vessels or water near a river delta.



The second photo is actually a tight shot of some moss-like vegetation but the colour and density of the plants give it an almost topographical feel. Our last image is probably my favourite. Lush colours and a contrasting sky allow the leaves to 'really pop' as they say in fashion circles! Again it's the finer details of the leaves highlighted with warm sunlight which energises this picture. I'm going to blow these up to become posters for home...tomorrow I'll share several more with you.



Images by David Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment