Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ice...Ice...Baby!

Outdoor volcanic springs. 

My partner spent a year at the Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam last year. I had several trips over to visit, including a month in summer, but he got to go to one place I'd always wanted to go. Yup... that would be Iceland! Apart from a highly questionable approach to global banking and a liking for spirits that would put AA to shame, the country is fascinating and beautiful in equal parts. I have some images taken by David Plummer which highlight some of the amazing scenery along with some of the most remote farmhouses you're likely to see. If you are after a tan head to Thailand, but if it's a great natural spa I think you'd be hard pressed to find better. And where else could you take a bottle of gin and crack off a small chunk of (clean) ice as you soak your weary feet in volcanic springs. Heaven...

Imagine living here in the middle of winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment