Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Decisions, Decisions!

It's been an eventful year for our studio in Canberra. We have nearly doubled our staff numbers, introduced new shapes and five fresh colours, and now I'm about to repaint and style the store. What's more I'm trying to get this done while finishing renovations at my home and dealing with the Christmas demand from our stores. Possibly I'm a sadist but more likely a 'window of opportunity' has presented itself now at the most inopportune time of the year! 

Cover House & Garden by Horst. P Horst. Oct 1951

I have been really looking forward to refreshing the Canberra store. One of the difficulties (and simultaneously one of it's charms) is that we are located in the midst of nurseries and garden supply centres.  
This means we'll be unloading kilns and watching sandstone blocks sail past the window destined for a garden in Canberra. We used to have a family of geese who lived on the site. They gave the day a particular charm as they were very specific who they liked and who they though they should pursue. At night we even have rabbits sitting outside my studio. As of this coming week I'll be starting to make some changes. If you are coming to Canberra make sure to drop in and visit us and if you're really lucky we may even be working in the studio making some Bison pieces.


Which shade to choose for my rear wall?

No comments:

Post a Comment